Eco wrapping by Justina Blakeney

Thursday 15 March 2012


Designer Justina Blakeney refers to herself as a bohemian who is "obsessed with the jungle", so it is of little surprise that she is the creator of this colourful eco packaging made from foliage and flowers. Inspired by her innovative work, we spoke to her to find out more.

"The project was inspired by my Jungalow. I love to bring the outdoors in and use compostable and green elements in my design projects. The point is to demonstrate how easy and simple it can be to produce beautiful packages. I literally just picked those leaves from my back yard."

The creative, natural wrapping papers act like biodegradable layers of protection. Blakeney explains: "I suppose some types of dried leaves and flowers could be used and marketed for this purpose but the freshness of the leaves is what makes it truly special."

Subscribers can read more WGSN-homebuildlife seasonal gifting reports here.